Western Digital 6TB Ultrastar DC HC310 Enterprise 3.5" SATA HDD/Hard Drive HUS726T6TALE6L4
6TB Western Digital 0B36039 Ultrastar DC HC310, 3.5" Enterprise HDD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), 7200rpm, 256MB, 512E, NCQ, OEM
Product OverviewEconomics and Access Speed: Key Requirements for Low Capacity HDDs in the Data Center
As the industry evolves to develop purpose-built solutions for growing data storage requirements, IT managers continue to rely on lower capacity drives that are economical to acquire, yet deliver quick and reliable data access for traditional data center applications. Ultrastar® DC HC310 is a low-capacity 6TB HDD, that helps address economic and access requirements of many traditional IT workloads. Low capacity drives also help address architecture limitations. Part of our mid-capacity DC HC300 series, the Ultrastar DC HC310 is designed for traditional storage and server applications as well as distributed and scalable computing, including block and fi le storage architectures, providing fast 7,200 RPM performance and lower acquisition cost to help ease budget constraints. Ultrastar DC HC310 comes with a 6Gb/s SATA interface in a 512e format.
Technology Innovation Delivers Efficiency & Performance for Traditional & Legacy Systems
Ultrastar DC HC310 is based on a new 4-disk air platform design that uses conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology in a 3.5-inch large form factor. Compared to the prior generation, Ultrastar 7K6000, the DC HC310 delivers a 12% performance boost and uses slightly larger-diameter media. It features a second-generation, dual-stage micro actuator to enhance head positioning accuracy for better drive performance. Write performance gains are also supported by Western Digital’s media cache architecture, a disk-based caching technology that provides a large cache area on the disk, which also improves reliability and data integrity during unexpected power loss. Finally, the addition of flash-based non-volatile cache (NVC) on SATA models helps improve write performance. The Ultrastar DC HC310 also includes a Rebuild Assist feature, which helps dramatically reduce RAID rebuild times and maintain system performance during the rebuild process.
Data Security with Trusted Quality, Reliability
Compliance and privacy requirements drive the need for increased data security. Ultrastar DC HC310 helps protect data from unauthorized use by offering security and encryption options. The Ultrastar DC HC310 extends Western Digital’s long-standing tradition of reliability leadership with a 2M-hour MTBF rating and a 5-year limited warranty.
- Excellent random and sequential performance.
- 6TB capacity point supports traditional IT systems.
- Sustained transfer rate up to 255MB/s.
- 6Gb/s SATA Interface.
- Advanced Format 512e model.
- 5-year limited warranty.
Applications & Workloads:
- Distributed file systems, like Apache Hadoop®, to support Big Data analytics.
- Direct & Network Attached Storage (DAS & NAS).
- RAID arrays.
Features- 6TB: Lower capacity point needed for traditional IT workloads and applications.
- Advanced Format: Enables higher capacities and reliability.
- Non-Volatile Cache (NVC): Improved write performance and write splice protection.
- Up to 255MB/s Transfer Rate: 12% faster than prior generation.
- Dual-Stage Micro Actuator: Better head positioning and rotational vibration robustness.
- 2M Hours MTBF & 0.44% AFR: One of the highest reliability ratings for air-filled Capacity Enterprise HDDs.
- 5-Year Limited Warranty: Enterprise-class warranty rating.
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
Comments, Questions & Reviews: