Western Digital 14TB Ultrastar DC HC530 Enterprise 3.5" SATA HDD/Hard Drive WUH721414ALE6L4
14TB Western Digital 0F31284 Ultrastar DC HC530, 3.5" Enterprise HDD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), 7200rpm, 512MB, 512E, NCQ, OEM
Product OverviewDriving Up Capacity & Driving Down TCO for Cloud & Enterprise Data Centers
The breadth and depth of big data is driving the universal need for higher capacities across a broad spectrum of applications and workloads. Laying the foundation for a worry-free data center, Western Digital delivers capacity to conquer the data explosion–the 14TB Ultrastar® DC HC530 hard drive. Built using HelioSeal technology, the industry’s only fifth-generation helium platform and the basis for our high-capacity DC HC500 series, Ultrastar DC HC530 was designed for public and private cloud environments where storage density, Watts/TB and $/TB are critical parameters for creating the most cost-efficient infrastructure. HelioSeal technology is key to achieving higher drive capacities, higher reliability ratings and extreme power efficiency for lower levels of total cost of ownership (TCO) for cloud and enterprise customers.
HelioSeal Technology Helps Solve Challenges Facing Next Generation Data Centers
Data centers are facing growing pressures. Data volume is expanding, operating costs are rising, yet budgets remain flat. HelioSeal technology enables Ultrastar DC HC530 to deliver one of the lowest power profiles in the industry, helping data center architects meet eco-environmental goals and requirements. Designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year, the Ultrastar DC HC530 is based on conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology for drop-in simplicity in enterprise and cloud data centers. Features like TDMR technology (two-dimensional magnetic recording) and a third-generation dual-stage microactuator work together to enhance head-positioning accuracy and deliver better performance, data integrity and overall drive reliability, critical in multi-drive environments where operational vibration is present. The 6Gb/s SATA interface enables easy integration into high performance data centers. Trust Western Digital and the Ultrastar DC HC530 hard drive to deliver more capacity, more efficiency, more reliability and more value to your data center.
Data Durability & Data Security Features to Support Compliance & Privacy Requirements
As drive capacity grows beyond single-digit TBs, object storage systems with erasure coding generally provide better data durability compared to RAID systems, given its tolerance for simultaneous error conditions. The Ultrastar DC HC530 is ideal for object storage implementations with its massive capacity and an unbeaten reliability rating.
- 14TB capacity in a standard 3.5-inch form factor.
- CMR technology works seamlessly in capacity enterprise applications & environments.
- Reliable, field-proven, 5th generation design.
- HelioSeal® design delivers outstanding power efficiency (Watts/TB).
- TDMR and improved dual-stage microactuator provide optimal head positioning and rotational vibration robustness.
- 2.5M hours MTBF rating & 5-year limited warranty.
- Cloud & Hyperscale storage.
- Massive scale-out (MSO), high-density data centers.
- Distributed File Systems.
- Bulk storage using Object storage solutions like CEPH™ and OpenStack Swift.
- Primary and secondary storage for Apache Hadoop® for Big Data Analytics.
- Surveillance analytics.
Features- 14TB: Provides 75% more capacity than 8TB air drives.
- Ultra-Low Watts per Terabyte (W/TB): 56% lower idle W/TB than 8TB Ultrastar air-filled drives.
- TDMR & Dual-Stage Microactuator Technology: More accurate head positioning, especially in multi-drive environments, for better performance data integrity & reliability.
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS): Maintains drive performance in high rotational vibration environments and multi-drive systems.
- Media Cache Plus Architecture: Better random write performance.
- SATA 6Gb/s: Provides compatibility with high-performance data centers.
- 512MB Cache Buffer: Improves response time and data management.
- Dual Safe, RSA-Signed Firmware: Retains previous firmware version while updating safely, verified with an RSA signature.
- 2.5M Hours MTBF & 0.35% AFR: No higher reliability rating for Capacity Enterprise HDD in the industry for fewer failures/less service needs.
- 5-Year Limited Warranty: Unbeaten for enterprise-class hard drives.
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Storage Capacity -GB||0|
Comments, Questions & Reviews: