Seagate 1TB Exos 7E2 3.5" SATA Enterprise HDD/Hard Drive
1TB Seagate ST1000NM0008 Exos 7E2 Enterprise, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 128MB Cache, 512N, 4.16ms, NCQ, OEM
Product OverviewExos 7E2: Trusted. Efficient. Versatile
Trusted, efficient and versatile enterprise storage with industry-leading ninth generation conventional magnetic recording technology, the Exos™ 7E2 is a budget-friendly, enterprise-grade hard drive. Delivering 1TB and 2TB capacities and On-Demand PowerChoice™ for lower power consumption, the Exos 7E2 is engineered for 24×7 workloads of 550TB/yr—10 times that of desktop drives. Specifically designed to address the needs of storing unstructured data cost-effectively, the traditional 512-native format with a 6 Gb/s SATA interface ensures easy integration into legacy storage servers and systems. Choose the Exos 7E2 as your entry-level hard drive choice.
Reliable Data Center-Grade Hard Drive Within Reach
The Exos 7E2 hard drives support up to 2 TB per drive, offering economical storage for traditional 512-native infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos 7E2 provides the most cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data in bulk storage applications. Built on field-proven 9th generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, the Exos 7E8 drive helps to catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
The Exos 7E2 hard drives are proven, enterprise-class hard drives with enterprise-grade reliability backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating. With state-of-the-art cache, on the fly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E2 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
Consistent, High Performance and Compatibility for Legacy Data Centre Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements with the most efficient and cost-effective SATA 6 Gb/s drive in a 3.5-inch data centre footprint. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice™ and Seagate RAID Rebuild®, you can tailor your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in your TCO.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
The Exos 7E2 series delivers firmware security features to help protect data where it lives — on the drive. Exos 7E2 hard drives safeguard firmware with authentic Secure Downloads & Diagnostic
- Legacy mainstream applications requiring 512n block size.
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres with replicated storage.
- Scale-out data centres and Big Data analytics.
- High-capacity density RAID storage.
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS).
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph.
- Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape.
- Centralised surveillance.
*Seagate recommends validating your configuration with your HBA/RAID controller manufacturer to ensure full capacity capabilities.
Features- Reliable access to unstructured data in bulk storage applications.
- Easy integration into replicated and RAID multi-drive legacy storage servers and systems with industry-standard format.
- State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms for accurate data storage.
- Industry-leading rotational vibration design to help ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems.
- Engineered for 24×7 workloads of 550TB/yr—10 times that of desktop drives.
- Enable lower power when drive is not in use with on-demand Seagate® PowerChoice™.
- Ensure no unnecessary downtime and reduce TCO with Seagate SeaTools™ diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests.
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
Comments, Questions & Reviews: