Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 64MB Cache Hard Drive SATA 6Gb/s
WD is leading the way with a full lineup of SATA 6 Gb/s drives.
Over the years the industry has increased bus bandwidth from PATA through SATA 1.5 Gb/s and SATA 3 Gb/s to keep up with the demand for higher transfer rates. The next evolution of bus bandwidth has now been achieved with the introduction of SATA 6 Gb/s, (SATA 3.0). We’ve added a SATA 6 Gb/s interface to our award-winning WD Caviar Blue and WD Caviar Black desktop hard drives in capacities from 250 GB to 2 TB. This transition to a SATA 6 Gb/s interface aligns with the introduction of SATA 6 Gb/s-supporting chip sets and motherboards coming to the market.
- Solid performance - With SATA and PATA interfaces, and
cache sizes up to 32 MB, this series
of drives offers a full range of
- Ultra-cool and quiet - Keeping the drive cool enhances
reliability. WD continues to develop new and innovative ways to keep drives cool while they are operating which helps protect the drive and the data stored on it.
- NoTouch™ ramp load technology- The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- IntelliSeek™ - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
- ShockGuard™ - Instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and vibrations while it is running. This technology enables WD Caviar
drives to achieve industry-leading shock specifications.
||Direct with Manufacturer
|Warranty Period (yrs)||2|
Comments, Questions & Reviews: