AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20GHz Black Edition (Socket AM3) Processor
Six-Core Technology, 3.20GHz clock speed, 3MB L2 Cache, 6MB L3 cache, DDR3-2000 support, AMD Cool & Quiet v3.0, 3 Year Warranty.
Bundle deal available on this product:
|Arctic Silver 5 Performance Thermal Compound - 3.5g + AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20GHz Black Edition (Socket AM3) Processor|
£140.83 inc. VAT
£140.23 inc. VAT
|Get a 10% discount off this thermal compound if you buy with this CPU.|
Arctic Silver 5 Performance Thermal Compound - 3.5g
Introducing Arctic Silver 5 With its unique high-density filling of micronised silver and...
Description:Do It All. AMD Phenom™ II processors have the power to do it all. With models featuring next-generation six-core design, AMD Phenom™ II processors crush even the most demanding tasks. So design it, render it, play it, create it, stream it, HD it.1 With AMD Phenom™ II processors, if you can imagine it, you can do it.
Live Your Life In HD. AMD Phenom™ II processors support high definition entertainment, gaming, and applications. With AMD PhenomTM II processors as the foundation, you’ll enjoy a new level of responsiveness and visual intensity. Your games, photos, videos, and home movies will look better in HD.1 AMD Phenom II processors support high definition computing — putting it within everyone’s reach.
Efficient Performance. AMD Phenom™ II processors complete even the most demanding tasks amazingly fast, so systems can spend less time processing and more time idling. AMD Phenom™ II processors use low power at idle so the time between tasks can work to your advantage. The result is the ability to do more, quickly, with minimal energy. AMD Phenom™ II processors deliver performance headroom with AMD PowerNow!™ technology for superior energy efficiency.
- True Multi-Core Processing — True multi-core processing enables amazing multitasking to help users run more applications and do more in less time
- Direct Connect Architecture — Direct Connect Architecture delivers leading-edge PC system performance
- Integrated Dual-Channel Memory Controller — Integrated dual-channel memory controller allows dramatic application performance with superior system throughput and low latency to enable a superior PC experience
- HyperTransport™ 3.0 Technology — HyperTransport™ 3.0 technology provides incredible system agility for blistering 3D graphics performance
- AMD Balanced Smart Cache — AMD Balanced Smart Cache supports a better multitasking and multi-threaded experience
- AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator — AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator helps improve digital media and 3D gaming experiences
- AMD Memory Optimizer Technology — AMD Memory Optimizer Technology helps improve performance of multi-threaded software
- AMD Digital Media XPress™ 2.0 — AMD Digital Media XPress™ 2.0 enables a more dramatic experience with sharp and life-like 3D graphics
- AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) Technology — AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) technology helps virtualization software to run more securely and efficiently
- AMD PowerNow™ Technology — AMD PowerNow™ technology enables cool and quiet platform designs by providing extremely efficient performance and energy usage
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Manufacturer Phone||01276 803100|
|Warranty Period (yrs)||3|
Comments, Questions & Reviews:
Beast of a CPU, Budget Price by LordReserei
This arrived at my door on Tuesday afternoon, and I've been testing it out for the past few days - here's my little review.
Going from a core2duo e7500 OC'd at 3.6GHz to the AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz has been jaw dropping. I've been using this video rendering video in Sony Vegas Pro 10, gaming and encoding a few DVD rips in Handbrake - the performance has been outstanding.
In Cinebench 11.5, the CPU with AMD Turbo Core disabled from the BIOS scores a little higher than a Core i7 960 which leads me onto the motherboard I paired this with.
I'd highly recommend if you're on a budget to get the Asus M5A97 Pro motherboard. The UEFI BIOS is a breath of fresh air to use after using the old school BIOS for so long and it uses an AM3+ socket which supports the new AMD-FX processors as well as Phenom II - it also has 2x USB 3.0 ports.
Going back to this Phenom II x6 1090T - although it's by no way a show of how a CPU performs, Windows 7's WEI rating for this CPU is 7.6.
Sadly, my Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 Rev.2 doesn't make contact with the CPU so I'm having to use the stock cooler which right now is sitting at 35C, going up to 46C at 100% load on all 6 cores.
I'll give this CPU a 5/5 rating and say it's definitely worth the money (which is cheaper than nearly all of the other UK sites)
Here's my system specs for those interested;
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
CPU: Phenom II x6 1090T 3.3GHz (overclocked to match the 1100T)
RAM: 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz G-Skill Ripjaws
Mobo: Asus M5A97 Pro
Video card: VTX HD6770 1GB (GPU:900MHz/Mem:1200MHz)
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (partitioned)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 w/ 2x 120mm fans
The Phenom II x6 1090T, Asus M5A97 Pro and VTX HD6770 1GB were all purchased for around Â£292 inc. next working day delivery from Aria. Perfect upgrades for those on a budget who want to do some gaming and video editing or encoding as well as running virtualization software such as VirtualBox.
Question by Chris
What would be better for gaming?
This cpu or the intel i5 2500.
Thanks in advance
1090t is better bec it can be easily overclocked , if you want the i5 for gaming go for the 2500k
Asrock A790GXH/128M by P85
The current CPU I have planted on this board is Phenom 9550 Agena core (stock 2.2GHz - oc 3.1Ghz) and the Zalman CNPS 10X Extreme cooling this cpu. What I would like to know is the cooler I have sufficient for the 1090T, I know the board can handle this CPU due to having the latest BIOS update.
It should be sufficient (depending on what overclock you are aiming for).
Powerfull... by Lex Talionis
this processor was a fantastic purchase, and has absolutely chewed through everything ive run with it, the only downside is that the Fan supplied with this is one noisy son of a... ive had to resort to headphones while using most programs as it was incredibly loud. DO buy this processor its amazing but for the sake of the neighbours buy a proper cpu cooling fan... :)
motherboard support by dan
hi there. my motherboard manual says that my board supports this socket type for this processor. yet the website says that it doesnt. could you please confirm if this processor will support the Asus M2N68-AM SE2 board? thanks in advance. please email me the answer as i probably wont rememerb to check here haha
Your manufacturers website states under the CPU support list this CPU so it will be fine