ASUS Intel Core-X WS X299 SAGE Dual 10G LAN CEB Workstation Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G, Intel X299, S 2066, DDR4, SATA3, U.2, Dual M.2, 4-Way SLi/CrossFire, Dual Intel 10GbE, USB3.1,CEB
Product OverviewASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
Intel LGA 2066 CEB motherboard with quad-GPU support, DDR4 4200MHz, Dual Intel® 10G LANs, M.2, U.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2 connectors, and ASUS Control Center.
The new WS X299 Sage/10G motherboard delivers a blend of tremendous GPU performance with up to Quad-SLI support, server-grade validation and comprehensive cooling options to provide the perfect system build for training neural networks and crunching other scalable compute loads. It shares the same refined aesthetics as WS X299 Sage/10G and adds dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports with the Intel X550AT2 10GBASE-T controller for uncompromising networking performance. Dual PLX chips extend the number of PCIe lanes to provide additional expansion slots, giving you robust connectivity options to configure your system with the tools you need to get your job done.
Dual On-Board 10G LAN
Featuring dual on-board 10G LAN ports backed by the cutting-edge Intel X550AT2 10GBASE-T Ethernet controller, WS X299 Sage/10G provides server-class connectivity that supports high-density, high-bandwidth and low-latency access-layer networks. With data-rates up to 10Gbps, WS X299 Sage/10G is able to transfer 4K videos and other large files in a fraction of the time required by conventional networking gear. The on-board controller negates the need to allocate a PCI Express slot to a dedicated network card, saving valuable space for other components.
WS X299 Sage/10G fits up to four dual-slot graphics cards and supports both NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ 4-way configurations to enable multi-GPU setups that harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies, including NVIDIA® Quadro®. With performance beyond 15.23 TFLOPS*, NVIDIA Quadro is the perfect complement to WS X299 Sage/10G, delivering the best performance for design, modelling, medical research, and processing-intensive simulation and rendering applications.
44 & 28 Lane CPUs Support 4-Way, 3-Way, & 2-Way SLI or Crossfire Configurations
ASUS Control Center
WS X299 Sage/10G features ASUS Control Center (ACC), a centralized and integrated IT management platform for monitoring and controlling ASUS commercial products, including servers, workstations and digital signage. ACC enables remote BIOS updates, monitoring of multiple systems via mobile devices, and one-click software updates and dispatching, allowing easier server management for any IT infrastructure.
Tune It Your Way
5-Way Optimization: One-Click Overclocking and Cooling
ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your workstation smart. One click takes care of complex tuning, dynamically optimizing essential aspects of the system to provide overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
- An automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet with everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
- Stress test function helps optimize and overclock for CPU- or memory-centric workloads.
TPU: CPU Performance Boost
Unleash your workstation's full performance with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility. The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is the intelligence behind our automated system-tuning utility, offering the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking parameters for optimal performance.
EPU: All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Fan Xpert 4: Flexible Cooling Controls for Air or Liquid
With WS X299 Sage/10G, you have comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and even all-in-one (AIO) coolers — all via Fan Xpert 4 or our media-acclaimed UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Digi+ Power Control: Precise, Digital, Control
Digi+ delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Turbo Core App: App-Specific Optimisation for Professionals
Whether you're a professional content creator or enthusiast, you'll feel the benefit of the ASUS-exclusive Turbo Core app. This intuitive tool allows you to define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritize network data and optimize audio settings at app level — so your WS X299 Sage/10G system is perfectly optimized for whatever you're doing.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controllable graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, EZ and Advanced modes will help you find your way with ease.
- EZ Tuning Wizard: Quickly apply a CPU overclock to improve system performance, or configure a RAID array for faster data retrieval and backups.
- My Favourites: Quickly discover tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
- Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
- EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with one click.
- SATA Information: Display SATA port details that help you easily recognize drives.
- Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
- GPU POST: View recommendations for multi-VGA configurations and detailed information for select ASUS graphics cards.
- Secure Erase: Remove all data and restore your SSD to factory settings.
- Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles to a USB drive.
- SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
Make Your Memory Go Faster
With optimized trace paths for time-aligned signalling and minimal crosstalk, third-generation ASUS T-Topology offers enhanced memory stability and compatibility, allowing support for memory speeds of DDR4-4200MHz and beyond.
OC Design: ASUS PRO Clock II Technology
WS X299 Sage/10G includes a dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and BCLK overclocking control, providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from Intel® Core™ X-series processors.
Cooler by Design
Flexible Cooling Controls
WS X299 Sage/10G features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
- Multiple Temperature Sources: Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload based cooling. It's all easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
- Water Pump+: A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
- AIO Pump: A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
- 4-pin PWM/DC Fan: Every on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
- ASUS Fan Extension Card Support: Includes a header for fan extension card support.
- Smart Protection: A dedicated integrated circuit protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
Advanced Thermal Design for Maximized Performance
Designed for the all-around workstation, WS X299 Sage/10G features a robust thermal solution that dissipates heat from the VRM, Ethernet controller and PLX chips to prevent throttling. An additional heatsink array covers these components and heatpipes lie within the path of maximum chassis airflow to provide optimal cooling for your workstation, ensuring maximum performance and system stability.
ProCool Power Connector
ASUS ProCool is the power connector reinvented. Compared with traditional power connectors, ProCool connectors provide a more secure, low resistance connection, enabling better heat dissipation and improved reliability.
Dual On-Board M.2: Unleashed Storage Speeds of up to 32Gbps
WS X299 Sage/10G features dual on-board M.2 slots, each operating at X4 PCI Express 3.0 to provide an abundant 32Gbps of bandwidth.
VROC: Upgrade Your RAID
Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) obliterates PCH-based RAID arrays that are bottlenecked by the 32Gbps limit of the DMI bus, allowing you to utilize CPU PCIe lanes to configure a bootable RAID array that can transfer data at insane speeds.
*A VROC key is required to enable VROC RAID arrays, not included, available separately.
U.2 Connectors: Join the NVMe Revolution
The revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Simply attach your choice of drive and experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps — and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card.
Intel Optane Memory Ready
Intel® Optane™ is a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by WS X299 Sage/10G. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times, so everything feels faster and more responsive.
USB 3.1 Gen 2 Front-Panel Connector: Future-Proof Connectivity
WS X299 Sage/10G's front panel USB 3.1 connector is ready for next-gen PC cases and devices.
USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C: Ultimate-Speed 10Gbps with USB 3.1 Gen 2 On-Board
With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A™ and reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ ports, you'll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
Reliable Stability and Validation
Server-Grade Memory Validation
WS X299 Sage/10G supports up to 128GB of quad-channel DDR4 RAM to readily handle the larger data sets found in professional workloads. Strict validation with a wide variety of memory types and operating conditions — including factors such as time, temperature and voltage ranges — ensures that WS X299 Sage/10G provides the reliability and stability professionals depend upon to get their work done.
SafeSlot: Protect your Graphics Card Investment
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide protect your graphics card investment. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-moulding process, SafeSlot integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
Intel® Core™ X-Series Processors for LGA 2066 Socket
Intel Core X-Series processors (6 core above): 4-channel (8-DIMM), 44/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes. Intel Core X-Series processors (4 core): 2-channel (4-DIMM), 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
Intel® X299 Chipset
The Intel X299 chipset supports LGA 2066-socket Intel Core X-series processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X299 provides a maximum 10 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, 8 SATA 6Gbps ports and 32Gbps M.2 support for faster data retrieval.
Features- Dual On-Board Intel® 10G LAN (X550-AT2) Ports: Increased data throughput and improved efficiency, ideal for transferring uncompressed 4K video and backing up large files.
- Quad-GPU Graphics Power: Fits up to four dual-slot graphics cards and supports 4-way NVIDIA® SLI™ or AMD CrossFireX™ GPU configurations.
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click, system-wide tuning, delivers optimized overclocking and intelligent cooling for a diverse range of workloads.
- Industry-Leading Cooling Options: Comprehensive controls for fans and water pumps, via Fan Xpert 4 software or the acclaimed ASUS UEFI.
- Ultra-Efficient VRM Heatsink: Metal-fin-array design maximizes surface area for heat dissipation to enable unthrottled performance.
- ASUS Control Center: A software utility that provides convenient, secure and cost-saving centralized IT management for small - and medium-sized businesses.
- Ultra-Fast Storage: Up to 32Gbps dual M.2, U.2, plus up to 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 with Type-A and Type-C ports on-board and a front-panel connector.
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Manufacturer Phone||01442 265548|
Comments, Questions & Reviews: