ASUS ROG Intel Z390 MAXIMUS XI APEX 9th Gen ATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI APEX, Intel Z390, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way SLi/3-Way CrossFire, GbE/WiFi, USB 3.1, ATX
Product OverviewASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI APEX
Intel Z390 ATX overclocking motherboard with extreme performance, DDR4 4800MHz, ROG DIMM.2 (dual M.2) with M.2 heatsink, double-capacity DIMM support, Aura Sync RGB LED, SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.1 Gen 2.
Performance Pushed to the Apex
Maximus XI Apex is the premiere overclocking platform for LN2 addicts who live to unlock the full potential of Intel's latest multi-core CPUs. With an optimized layout, enhanced power delivery and control, unique double-capacity DIMM support, and stacks of striking design and customization elements, Apex is engineered for performance, gaming and style enthusiasts alike. Feed your performance habit, with Maximus XI Apex.
Power and Finesse
With hardware-level overclocking controls, enhanced memory support, extensive cooling options, Maximus XI Apex is designed to push through every performance limit. The board even includes AI smarts that provide automated CPU overclocking for newcomers and quick tuning information for experts.
Built for Overclocking
By default, all of Coffee Lake's major bus frequencies are derived from the same reference clock, limiting the control and flexibility needed to harness the full overclocking potential of the platform. ROG Maximus XI Apex features a dedicated on-board clock generator that supplies dynamic reference clocks to the CPU cores and major subdomains, giving you the freedom to coax every MHz of headroom from the system.
Apex also benefits from Extreme Engine Digi+, ROG's revered digital power controller fed by dual 8-pin ProCool power connectors. With PowIRstage® MOSFETs, MicroFine alloy chokes, 10K black metallic capacitors, and the Digi+ PWM controller, Extreme Engine Digi+ technology delivers clean, stable power. The board even has a finned VRM heatsink to maximize the dissipation surface area, keeping crucial components running cooler.
- Finned heatsink.
- Dual 8-pin Procool power connectors.
- PowIRstage® MOSFETs.
- MicroFine alloy chokes.
- 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors.
Overclocker's Toolkit: Hardware-Level Controls
ROG Maximus XI Apex includes an overclocker's toolkit with hardware-level controls to aid your overclocking experience. The motherboard's Dual BIOS allows you to experiment with different firmware versions and provides a path for recovery in case one becomes corrupt, and the on-board switch allows you to easily change between the first and second BIOS. The overclocker's toolkit also includes a Pause switch to halt the system. Other tools include Safe Boot and ReTry buttons, a LN2 mode jumper to aid POST at sub-zero temperatures, and a Slow mode switch. Combined, they're quick and easy time-savers designed to help you break more records.
- QLED: Four LEDs to show current boot status.
- MEMOK! II: Instantly retune memory settings for a guaranteed boot.
- ProbeIt: Check the voltage via integrated measurement points.
- ReTry Button: One press instantly initiates a hard reset.
- Safe Boot Button: Instantly reset the PC and boot directly into a safe mode.
- Pause Switch*: Activate to pause the system and fine-tune OC parameters mid-benchmark.
- Slow Mode Switch*: Instantly reduces the CPU ratio to 8X to bypass finicky benchmark passages.
- LN2 Mode Jumper: Jumper to enable special options and functions for liquid-nitrogen (LN2) overclocking.
- BIOS Switch (For Dual BIOS): Easily switch between BIOS one and two.
*Slow mode and Pause switches require that LN2 mode is enabled.
Specialized circuitry allows Maximus XI Apex to detect when condensation occurs on the back of the board. Divided into three distinct sections — CPU, DRAM and PCIe — dedicated on-board LEDs illuminate to provide a clear visual warning when an area may be at risk of short-circuiting.
- CPU, DRAM & PCIe LEDs: On-board LEDs illuminate when condensation is detected in these areas.
With Maximus XI Apex, our engineers adopted a two-slot memory design to enable a shorter trace layout for tighter control over impedance and reduce signal interference. This is teamed with ASUS OptiMem II to preserve memory signal integrity by routing traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer. Together, the enhancements provide more headroom for overclocking and improved stability, allowing Apex to achieve memory speeds of DDR4-4800MHz and beyond.
*Overclocking range will vary according to CPU capabilities and cooling.
To provide Intel's latest CPUs unfettered access to memory bandwidth, we've reimagined motherboard trace routing from the ground up. Our OptiMem II tech carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and also adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk.
Cooler by Design: Comprehensive Cooling Zone
ROG Maximus XI Apex features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
- Multiple Temperature Sources: Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload based cooling. All easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
- 4-pin PWM/DC Fan: Every on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
- Water Pump+: A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
- AIO Pump: A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
- Full Speed: Three full speed fan headers for targeted airflow during extreme overclocking.
- Water Flow: Allows for constant monitoring of the flow rate of entire loop.
- Water In/Out: Allows for monitoring of temperature at the input/out of any component.
ROG DIMM.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4)
Maximus XI Apex's exclusive DIMM.2 module is a bundled expansion card that supports up to two NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 SSDs in RAID configurations for great performance, connected via a DDR4 interface. The module is topped off with metal heatsinks that helps to control the SSD thermals for maximum performance, and elevates the aesthetics.
ASUS AI Overclocking makes automatic tuning faster and smarter than ever before. Available in Windows or directly through the UEFI, it profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration for each individual system.
- CPU Potential: We created a proprietary algorithm that evaluates the capabilities of your CPU.
- Cooling Capability: The on-board intelligence also watches system vitals like temperatures, fan speeds, and power draw to gauge cooling performance.
- AI Overclocking: Utilizes on-board intelligence to perform automated clocking and provides target frequency and voltage estimations for savvy veterans that prefer manual tuning.
Double-Capacity DIMM Support
Maximus XI Apex features a unique trace layout that enables support for double-capacity DIMMs, allowing it to pack 64GB of memory into a two-slot footprint.
Control Your Rig
ROG provides the best firmware and utilities to give you complete control of your system. With powerful overclocking via the acclaimed UEFI BIOS or automatic 5-Way Optimization, audio profile tweaking and intuitive tools to optimize storage performance, Maximus XI Apex comes with everything you need to customize your experience.
Intelligent Control: 5-Way Optimization
Take care of complex tuning with just one click. ASUS 5-Way Optimization is a system-wide tuning utility that overclocks the processor and tunes fan speeds to ensure the best balance between cooling and acoustics. The automated CPU tuning feature of 5-Way Optimization leverages the same on-board intelligence as AI Overclocking, but goes further by running a Prime95 based stress test to deliver a result that's well-tuned from the get-go.
The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) provides AI Suite 3 with the intelligence needed to automatically fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking settings. We have upgraded this tool to provide AI Overclocking prediction values for users who want more insight when experimenting with different settings.
The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) enables system-wide power efficiency to automatically optimize power consumption to maximize energy savings. This tool now features temperature regulation that adjusts the CPU frequency according to processor temperatures. Users can now set a threshold to balance temperature and performance.
Fan Xpert 4
Enjoy comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers, via either Fan Expert 4 or our award-winning UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Digital Power Controls
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Intel's processors feature per-core tuning, and the ASUS Turbo app makes use of this feature by letting you assign applications to specific processor cores, prioritizing computing power where it's needed most.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
When you're ready for a deeper dive into the configuration of your system, delve into the UEFI's Advanced mode and take complete control. Each section is intuitively organized, and a built-in search feature makes it easy to find the options you need. Advanced functions are coded with the intelligence to adapt to your settings, and when you're ready to take charge, parameters have the granularity to dial in performance just the way you want.
- Prediction: AI OC monitors system vitals like temperatures, fan speeds, and power draw to estimate overclocking performance.
- My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
- EZ Flash 3: Flash the latest BIOS via the internet from within the BIOS.
- AI OC Guide: The AI OC Guide allows you to enable the AI Optimization or view a quick guide.
- SMART: Check your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and to identify potential failures.
- GPU POST: Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
- Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
- Last Modified Log: Track the latest changes and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
- SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
- Search Function: Quickly and easily find the option or setting you're looking for.
- ASUS User Profile: Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
Immerse yourself in sound with SupremeFX audio technology. Utilizing the S1220A codec, SupremeFX is the integrated-audio solution that's engineered to provide a flat frequency response for a neutral, detailed sound signature.
- S1220A CODEC: ASUS Exclusive S1220A- 113dB vs Standard ALC1220: 108dB
- Nichicon CAPS: Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
- Audio Line Shielding: Blocks electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-ons to provide cleaner audio.
Utility: RAMCache III
RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express storage options, its uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favourite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.
The brand-new Armoury Crate portal keeps you updated with the latest drivers and BIOS releases. Its easy-to-use UI can be configured to show a variety of information, including security updates, bug patches, the latest ROG news, gaming events and special offers.
Personalized for You
There's no doubt that Maximus XI Apex is the must-have motherboard for boundary-pushing overclocking addicts – but it's also ready to satisfy your customization cravings. With radical ROG aesthetics, Aura Sync RGB illumination and customizable nameplate template, Apex is the premiere choice for personalized builds and showcase gaming rigs.
Eco-System: Grow Your Gaming World
Gear up with ROG components, from graphics and monitors, to mice and keyboards, and up your game with complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility. The ROG ecosystem is more extensive than any competing brand, so enjoy greater choice as your system expands.
*RGB extension cables are included. LED strips and Aura Sync-compatible devices are not included, available separately.
- Colour Cycle.
- Flash and Dash.
- Glowing Yo-Yo.
- Starry Night.
- Music Effect.
Custom Nameplate: Illuminated Customizable Nameplate
Use the bundled DIY kit to customize your nameplate, then see your personal mark illuminated with Aura Sync lighting!
The Power of Intel
Ready for Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
This motherboard supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support on-board graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.
Intel Z390 Chipset
The Intel® Z390 is a single-chipset design that supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the chipset provides a maximum of six USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z390 also supports integrated-graphics, so you'll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Features- LGA1151 Socket: Ready for 9th/8th Generation Intel® Core™ desktop processors.
- Engineered for Performance: Enhanced Extreme Engine Digi+, dual ProCool 8-pin power connectors and optimized 2-DIMM memory-trace layout for DDR4 4800MHz+ overclocking support.
- Overclocker’s Toolkit: Hardware-level controls and on-board condensation detection circuits to aid with subzero overclocking.
- Double-Capacity DIMM: Optimized memory-trace layout for dual 32GB DIMM support.
- ROG DIMM.2: Vertically-installed dual-M.2 expansion card with heatsink for maximum cooling and performance.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing AI Overclocking and cooling profiles tailor-made for your rig.
- Cutting-Edge Connectivity: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, two M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, Wi-Fi (802.11ac) with MU-MIMO for lightning-fast data transfers.
- Immersive Audio: High-fidelity sonics that draw you deeper into the action, with SupremeFX.
- ROG Eco-System: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including headers for both standard and addressable RGB strips.
- Gaming Durability: ASUS SafeSlot, ROG patented pre-mounted I/O shield and premium components for maximum endurance.
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Manufacturer Phone||01442 265548|
Comments, Questions & Reviews: