MSI P55-GD65 Intel® P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 ATX Motherboard
Core i5/i7, Intel® P55, DDR3, 7x SATA II, 8x USB 2.0
-OC Genie with Super Unlock
Intel® i5 / i7 based processors in LGA1156 package
• Intel® P55 Chipset
- Supports QPI up to 6.4GT/s
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) controller, 480Mb/sec.
- 6 SATAII ports with transfer rate up to 3Gb/s.
- PCI Master v2.3, I/O APIC.
- ACPI 2.0 compliant.
- Serial ATA RAID 0/1/5/10.
- Integrated AHCI controller.
• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 1066/1333/1600*/2000*/2133* (OC) DRAM, 16GB Max
- Supports 1Gb/ 2Gb/ 4Gb DRAM size
- Supports Dual channel mode
• 2 PCI Express gen2 x16 slots
- If two graphics cards are installed at PCI_E2 & PCI_E4 slots, these two PCIE x16 lanes will auto arrange from x16/ x0 to x8/ x8
- supports ATI® Crossfire™ & NVIDIA SLI
• 1 PCI Express gen2 x4 slot
• 2 PCI Express gen2 x1 slots
• 2 PCI slots, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface
• One Ultra DMA 66/100/133 IDE controller integrated in JMicron® 363.
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes.
- Can connect up to two Ultra ATA drives.
• SATAII controller integrated in Intel P55/JMicron® 363 chipset
- Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports six SATAII ports by P55
- Supports one SATAII port by JMicron 363.
- Supports one eSATA / USB combo port by JMicron 363.
- Supports AHCI controller with AHCI / SATA RAID 0/1/5/10 by P55.
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC889
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
- Meet Microsoft Vista Premium spec
• Supports two PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111DL.
IEEE1394 / FireWire
• VIA® VT6315N chipset
- Supports up to two 1394 ports. (Rear panel x1, pinheader x1)
- Transfer rate is up to 400Mbps.
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- CPU / System x 3 FAN connectors
- CD-in connector
- Front panel audio connector
- Front panel connector
- 1 x chasis intrusion connector
- 3 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 7 x Serial ATAII connectors
- 1 x ATA133 connector
- 1 x IEEE1394 connector support additional 1 port
- 1 x Power Button
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x SPDIF-out connector
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x OC Genie Button
- 2 x Base Clock Control Buttons
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse
- 1 x eSATA / USB Combo port
- 1 x IEEE1394 port
- 7 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x RJ45 LAN Jacks
- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack
- 1 x Optical SPDIF-out
- 1 x Coaxial SPDIF-out
• The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.
• 30.5cm(L) x 24.4cm(W) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Warranty Period (yrs)||3|
Comments, Questions & Reviews:
Stock by Jamzieth
Hi will you be getting this back in soon. I wou'ld like to buy one around christmas? please let me know asap. Thanks
We are expecting these within the next 2 / 3 days.
Question by ant
Does this need a cpu cooler ?
Err, yes. And a CPU, and Some Memory
USB3 and SATA 6Gb/s support by Mark
Could you tell me if this motherboard has USB3 and SATA 6Gb/s support. It mentions this on the MSI website but doesn't in you text.
This doesn't have support for either, there is a separate P55-GD65 USB3 model which comes with USB3 support via a controller card bundled with it.
IDE ports by Kyle
How many IDE drives can i connect to this motherboard using the IDE cables provided??
As i want to add two high speed IDE optical drives.
You can connect a maximum of 2 IDE devices.
Question by Kyle
Hi. It says that 1600Mhz RAM is oc. Does that mean this will not work...
Please tell me if this RAM will work.
It means it'll work, but you'll need to overclock the boards BCLK clock in order to run the memory at 1600MHz