ASUS ROG STRIX AMD B450-E GAMING ATX Motherboard
AMD RYZEN 3000 Desktop Ready, ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING, AMD B450, S AM4, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 3-Way CrossFire, Intel GbE/WiFi, USB 3.1 G2 A, ATX
Product OverviewROG STRIX B450-E GAMING
AMD AM4 B450 ATX Gaming motherboard with DDR4 3533MHz support, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, SATA 6Gbps, HDMI 2.0, dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, and Aura Sync RGB LED lighting.
ROG Strix B450-EROG Strix B450 Gaming series provides a feature set distilled from the high-end ROG Strix X470 Gaming series that gives you all the essentials for a well-balanced build. With comprehensive cooling options, dual PCIe 3.0 M.2 slots and AMD StoreMI support for incredible storage speeds, improved DDR4 memory stability and much more, ROG Strix B450 Gaming delivers the performance you need with room to focus your budget on accompanying hardware. The motherboard also offers rich customization options with lighting synchronization as well as guided performance tuning and optimization via intuitive ROG software that makes it easy for experienced and first-time system builders alike to create a gaming system that really stands out.
Solid Hardware Specs for Gaming & More
With ample power to fuel Ryzen's cores, plus cooling, storage and connectivity options for a range of hardware, the ROG Strix B450-E Gaming motherboard has everything you need to build on a budget or load up with high-performance components to game in the big leagues.
VRM Thermal Enhancement
The ROG Strix B450-E Gaming uses new alloy chokes that deliver better efficiency, and high-quality thermal pads to help transfer heat from the VRM array to a sink that has ample surface area for the latest processors. In addition, to ensure critical components always make optimal contact, there's a backplate on the rear of the board that helps balances MOSFET temperatures while providing structural reinforcement.
Cooler by Design
ROG Strix B450-E Gaming features the most comprehensive cooling options ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
- 4-pin PWM/DC Fan: Every on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
- AIO Pump Fan: A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
Dual PCIe 3.0 M.2
ROG Strix B450-E Gaming is equipped with two M.2 slots for maximum storage flexibility. With PCIe 3.0 x4 signals coming directly from the CPU, both slots are granted unrestricted bandwidth that maximize performance of your NVME SSDs. RAID configurations with up to three PCIe 3.0 storage devices are also possible via the two M.2 slots and a PCIe x16 slot, delivering incredible data-transfer speeds on the latest AMD platform.
AMD StoreMI technology is a software utility that accelerates any drive for better system responsiveness with reduced startup and software load times. It combines SSD performance with the affordability and capacity of an HDD by automatically moving frequently accessed data to dedicated SSD storage.
DDR4 OC 3533MHz+
Tuned to take full advantage of Ryzen's capabilities, and ready for the latest memory kits, ROG Strix B450 Gaming Series motherboards are built specifically for high-performance gaming rigs. Intelligent firmware delivers the plug-and-play experience that first-time DIYers demand and the essential tuning options that performance-addicts need. Maximize frame rates with a high-bandwidth memory kit or leverage a host of tuning options to extract peak performance potential from a modest setup. Load up any way you want and get into the game with ROG Strix B450 Gaming Series motherboards.
Intel Dual Band PCIe Wi-Fi Support
ROG Strix B450-E Gaming features the latest Intel 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 MU-MIMO and wide 160MHz channels, for wireless speeds of up to 1.73Gbps.* In fact, its integrated Wireless-AC 9260 Wi-Fi adapter pushes wireless data up to 2X faster than other Wi-Fi solutions — so you'll get fast, smooth transfers, even when your rig is further away from the router. Intel Wireless-AC 9260 also offers Bluetooth 5.0 for connections that are up to 2X faster than ever before, and with up to 4X the range.
*Maximum achievable speed depends on router.
Intel Gigabit Ethernet
ROG Strix B450-E Gaming features Intel Ethernet (I211-V), ensuring data exchanges with your network and the outside world are fast and smooth. Intel LAN reduces CPU overhead and increases TCP and UDP throughput, keeping more processing power available for the game.
- Lower CPU workloads.
- High TCP and UDP throughput.
Featuring advanced signal-coupling technology and high-tolerance components, LANGuard provides consistent Ethernet performance and greater protection against static electricity and power surges.
Shielded Audio, Superior Sound
ROG Strix's SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up, delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection for best-ever recording quality — and 120dB on line-out for crystal-clear sound! We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220A codec, plus Texas Instruments® RC4580 and OPA1688 op-amps for high gain with low distortion. It all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before!
- Audio Cover: Effective shielding against electromagnetic interference preserves the integrity of audio signals for the best sound quality.
- Audio-Line Shielding: Intelligent shielding blocks electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-on cards to provide cleaner audio.
- Dual Op Amplifiers: Two on-board Op amps output exceptional audio and can drive headphones with an input impedance of 32–600O.
- Premium Nichicon™ Audio Capacitors: High-quality Japanese-made components produce warm, natural audio with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
Design, Customization, & Setup
A host of design touches, customization options, comprehensive validation lists, and the most diverse ecosystem of components in the industry make building and personalizing a gaming rig with ROG Strix B450-E Gaming wonderfully easy.
The distinctive sleek cuts across the ROG Strix heatsink are now accented with a futuristic cyber-text pattern, fusing multiple gaming cultures to create a unique identity for this generation.
Outshine The Competition
ROG Strix motherboards deliver sterling performance and superior aesthetics to Outshine the Competition. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the on-board RGB header — and it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
*The addressable RGB header supports WS2812B addressable RGB LED strips (5V/Data/Ground), with a max power rating of 3A (5V) and a max of 60 LEDs. **The Aura RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m. ***RGB extension cables are included. LED strips and Aura Sync-compatible devices are sold separately.
- Colour Cycle.
- Flash and Dash.
- Glowing Yo-Yo.
- Starry Night.
- Music Effect.
The ASUS Aura ecosystem is in the ascendancy, with an extensive and growing list of ASUS products now offering Aura Sync compatibility — along with loads of compatible accessories and kits available through partners. Your ROG Strix motherboard's built-in Aura RGB lighting easily syncs with PC cases, memory modules, coolers and RGB LED strips from a broad selection of well-known manufacturers. ASUS Aura software provides simple and intuitive lighting management.
DIY Friendly Design
- Pre-Mounted I/O Shield: ROG's patent-pending I/O shield is finished in sleek matte black and comes pre-mounted to make it easy to install the motherboard.
- SafeSlot: A PCIe slot that's reinforced with steel bracing to protect the motherboard from being damaged by heavy graphics cards.
- ESD Guards: 2x Greater electrostatic protection than the industry standard. ESD Guards cover the USB, audio and LAN ports.
- Q-Slot: One easy-release clip to swap or secure your graphics card. Press to pop out, or push in the card to secure.
- Q-DIMM: One-sided clips for super-simple, secure handling of memory modules.
- Q-LED: On-board LEDs indicate power status as well as problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card or boot device ? to enable quick diagnosis.
- Digi+ VRM: The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring ultrasmooth and clean power delivery to the CPU.
- DRAM Overcurrent Protection: On-board resettable fuses protect all connection ports and DRAM modules against overcurrent and short-circuit damage to protect your investment.
- Durable Components: Superior chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures and provide up to 110% better performance than the industry standard.
Having the freedom to pick and choose the parts that go into your machine is at the heart of PC DIY. That's why ROG Strix undergoes an extensive certification program focused on providing the very best compatibility with the widest range of components and devices. Our extensive list of guaranteed-compatible components is an invaluable aid to building a ROG Strix gaming rig. It specifies thousands of compatible parts, and it includes a dedicated Qualified Vendor List (QVL) for memory — so you can build fuss-free.
The ROG Strix Ecosystem Awaits
Gear up with ROG Strix components, from graphics and monitors, to mice and keyboards, and up your game with complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility. The ROG Strix ecosystem is more extensive than any competing brand, so enjoy greater choice as your system expands.
Tune Your Rig The Way You Want
The ROG Strix B450-E Gaming motherboard features firmware controls and software utilities crafted for all skill levels, making first-time setup, tuning, and system maintenance simple. With options from overclocking and cooling to managing network performance and audio characteristics, you can configure your ROG Strix gaming build to perform the way you want.
Easy-To-Use UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and ROG Strix B450-E Gaming offers one of the best in the business.
The wizard in EZ mode makes short work of settings basics like the time and date, as well as more intricate settings like fan parameters and SATA port identification.
When you're ready for a deeper dive, delve into the UEFI's Advanced mode and take complete control. Advanced mode enables full control over every aspect of the motherboard, and a built-in search function helps you quickly find the setting you need.
- EZ Tuning Wizard: Quickly apply a CPU overclock to improve system performance or configure a RAID array for faster data retrieval and backups.
- Intuitive Graphical Fan Controls: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
- SATA Information: Easily display SATA port details for device identification.
- Fast and Easy Clock Adjustment: Use the mouse to quickly change time and date settings.
- My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
- EZ Flash 3: Update the BIOS via the internet, without leaving the BIOS interface.
- SMART: Check your storage device Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and identify potential failures.
- GPU POST: View recommendations for multi-VGA configurations and detailed information for select ASUS graphics cards.
- Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs and NVMe storage to factory settings.
- Last Modified Log: Track the last change and save preferred profiles to a USB drive.
- SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
- User Profile: Save BIOS settings for migration to a new BIOS version or system.
- Q-Fan Control: Configure the fan's operating speed manually or use pre-configured fan profiles to quickly select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes. By default, system fans will automatically switch to full speed if the temperature reaches 75°C.
Optimizations: Performance Level Up
With the exclusive AI Suite 3, you can push performance as far as possible for brilliant gaming thrills. Its dashboard-style control panel lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your ROG Strix B450-E Gaming system. Get the best balance between performance, cooling, stability and efficiency via one simple and intuitive interface.
Fan Xpert 4: Flexible Cooling Controls for Air or Liquid
ROG Strix motherboards provide comprehensive control over fans and all-in-one (AIO) coolers. Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors via Fan Xpert 4 or the media-acclaimed UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
EPU: All-Around Energy Efficiency
The Energy Processing Unit leverages an on-board microcontroller (EPU) to provide system-wide power savings by automatically optimizing power consumption, and the Away mode smart setting saves energy by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Precise Digital Power Controls
The Digi+ voltage regulator module (VRM) with on-board power circuitry delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency, and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
TPU: CPU Performance Boost
Unleash your PC's full performance potential with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility. The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is an intelligent on-board micro-controller that provides an array of system-tuning features, including the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats and adjust overclocking parameters.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio's virtual surround to process true-to-life sound.
- App-Specific Profiles: Apply customized audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
- Surround Sound: Surround sound for a truly immersive audio experience.
- Sonic Studio Link: The new Sonic Studio Link now allows you to apply Sonic Studio effects on all playback devices. Simply press the Sonic Studio Link button to enjoy the effect on any playback devices.
Sonic Radar III: Scan and Detect to Dominate
The new Sonic Radar III has an evolved audio engine to process sounds more accurately than ever, ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. It now also includes an onscreen arrow to help you instantly pinpoint the enemy's position and the origin of key in-game sounds. Plus, the new Audio Boost feature provides filters that let you hear even the faintest sounds, so you can become the hunter, not the hunted!
- Improved Audio Algorithm: The new Sonic Radar III audio algorithm offers improved accuracy that helps you pinpoint the enemy.
- 3D Engine: Sonic Radar III is built around an all-new HUD, and it includes an in-game 3D arrow for a more intuitive experience.
- Audio Boost: Press hot keys to briefly increase bass, midrange or treble frequencies for improved focus during different parts of your game.
- Audio Radar: A visual cue to ensure Sonic Radar III is effective regardless of surrounding noise and chaos.
GameFirst V Network Control
GameFirst V is the ROG-exclusive tool that optimizes network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming. Team your gateways, keeps tabs on bandwidth-hogging apps and make adjustments on the fly.
- Smart/Auto Modes: Optimize network traffic for active apps, or allocate more bandwidth to games.
- One-Click Prioritization: Speed network packets for specific applications, helping to reduce latency.
- ROG First: Interface directly with a ROG router and automatically configure QoS to prioritize network bandwidth to games.
- Network Insight: View real-time traffic by biggest hogs, app groups, and task types, or drill down for detailed connection information.
Armoury Crate & More
The brand-new Armoury Crate portal keeps you updated with the latest drivers and BIOS releases. Its easy-to-use UI can be configured to show a variety of information, including security updates, bug patches, the latest ROG news, gaming events and special offers.
RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express storage options, its uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favourite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.
- Smart mode automatically caches all your storage devices to maximize your system's resources.
- An intuitive interface displays real-time drive information, such as current read/write speeds.
- In addition, allows you to quickly check the health status of assigned memory.6Gb File Transfer Time 2X Faster
Overwolf is a clever, unobtrusive overlay that lets you browse the internet, email, IM, and stream or record gameplay – all while you're in the game. Colour-matched ROG skins that display your status as a member of an elite pack are also available for download from the Overwolf App Store.
- In-Game Dock: 5 customizable apps.
- In-Game Calling: 0 missed calls during gaming.
- Multi-IM Support: 5+ clients in a single interface.
Beyond VR Ready
ROG Strix Gaming is VR Ready — and beyond! The ASUS Beyond VR Ready marque means that ROG Strix Gaming has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming, and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS Beyond VR Ready provides a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
The Power of AMD
AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics / Ryzen™ 1st Generation Processors
The AMD Ryzen™ processor is based on the innovative Zen core architecture and features up to eight cores and Radeon™ Vega integrated graphics. Together with dual-channel DDR4 memory, native 5Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 1 and 16 PCI Express® 3.0/2.0 lanes, these AMD AM4-socket processors deliver superb computing performance.
AMD B450 Chipset
The AMD B450 chipset delivers high performance and flexibility with the latest AMD® AM4-socket Ryzen™ processors. It also offers AMD StoreMI storage acceleration technology and provides two 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen2 ports, two USB 3.1 Gen1 ports, and four 6Gbps SATA ports for faster data retrieval.
Features- AM4 Socket: Ready for AMD Ryzen™ processors.
- Fast Memory & Storage: Dual-channel DDR4 3533MHz (OC) and NVM Express® RAID supported.
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronized RGB lighting technology works with a vast portfolio of Aura Sync-capable PC gear and includes support for addressable light strips.
- Gaming Connectivity: Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A connectors.
- Gaming Networking: Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 Wi-Fi, Intel Gigabit Ethernet, plus ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
- One-Click Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- Gaming Audio: SupremeFX S1220A teams with Sonic Studio III to create an aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action.
- Gamer’s Guardian: Pre-mounted I/O shield, M.2 heatsink, ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum endurance.
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Manufacturer Phone||01442 265548|
|Number of PCI-E Slots - x16||0|
|SATA II Ports||0|
|SATA III Ports||0|
|USB 3.0 Ports||0|
|USB 2.0 Ports||0|
Comments, Questions & Reviews: