Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AMD 880 (Socket AM3) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
AM3 Support, Dual Channel DDR3, 5x SATA 6Gb/s, RAID, 1x eSATA, 12x USB2.0, 2x USB3.0, Firewire, 8-Channel HD Audio, CrossFireX Support, Gigabit LAN
Description:This motherboard supports AMD AM3 multi-core processors with unique L3 cache and delivers better overclocking capabilities with less power consumption. It features dual-channel DDR3 memory support and accelerates data transfer rate up to 5200MT/s via HyperTransport™ 3.0 based system bus. This motherboard also supports AMD CPUs in the new 45nm manufacturing process.
AMD 880G Chipset is designed to support up to 5200MT/s HyperTransport 3.0 (HT 3.0) interface speed and PCI Express 2.0 x16 graphics. It is optimized with AMD’s latest AM3 and multi-core CPUs to provide excellent system performance and overclocking capabilities.
Flexible Multi-GPU solutions, Your Weapon of Choice!
M4A88TD-V EVO Series brings you the multi-GPU choice of CrossFireX. Expect a brand-new gaming style you’ve never experienced before!
- AMD® socket AM3 for AMD® Phenom™ II/Athlon™ II/ Sempron 100 series Processors
- AMD® 140W CPU Support
- Supports 45nm CPU
- AMD® Cool 'n' Quiet™ Technology
- AMD® 880G / SB850
- HyperTransport™ 3.0, Up to 5200 MT/s
- 4 x DIMM, max. 16GB, DDR3 2000 (O.C.) / 1333 / 1066 MHz, ECC and non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 4250 GPU
- Supports HDMI™ Technology with max. resolution up to 1920 x 1200 (1080P)
- Supports Dual-link DVI with max. resolution up to 2560x1600 @60Hz
- Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 2048x1536 @85Hz
- Dual independent displays support with HDMI / DVI and D-Sub
- Supports DirectX 10.1, OpenGL 2.0, Shader Model 4.1, Universal Video Decoder (UVD) 2.0
- Hardware Decode Acceleration for H.264,VC-1, and MPEG-2
- Maximum shared memory of 1GB
- Hybrid CrossFireX™ Support
- SidePort Memory - onboard 128MB DDR3 1333 memory
- 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slots, support ATI CrossFireX™ Technology (blue @ x16 mode,gray @ x4 mode)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
- 3 x PCI slots
- 5 x SATA 6Gb/s ports with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD
- 1 x eSATA port (6Gb/s ready)
- 1 x Ultra DMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices
- Realtek 8111E Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2
- ALC892 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- BD Audio Layer Content Protection
- Supports 192khz/24bit True BD Lossless Sound
- Supports Jack-Detection, Multi-Streaming, and Front Panel Jack-Retasking
- ASUS Noise Filter
- Optical S/PDIF Out ports at back I/O
- 2 x IEEE 1394a ports (1 at mid-board; 1 at back panel)
- 12 x USB 2.0 ports (8 ports at mid-board, 4 ports at back panel)
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports (blue, at back panel)
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Manufacturer Phone||01442 265548|
|Warranty Period (yrs)||3|
Comments, Questions & Reviews:
when are they coming in by dave
Hi just wondering what date these boards are in as waiting for replacement board are should i change to dearer board 40210 is this compatible with x6 processors
please contact customer services
cpu compatibility by mike
Hi, is the motherboard compatible with this cpu?
yes this board should be fine with that CPU.
Dx 11? by Anon
I'm new to PCs and in the description it says supports DX10 is this just the inbuilt graphics as opposed to if you were to install you own graphics that were DX11 compliant? Thanks
Yes that's just the inbuilt graphics, if you added a DX11 compliant separate card and used that you would then be able to use DX11 features.
Question by Jukeboxjimi
Hey will this board take the AMD Phenom II x6?
cheers....if not can you recomend a AMD board that will please?
Asus don't list the 1100T in their support list here:
QC 40261 (assuming you want to stick with ASUS) will support that CPU.
NEWBUILD by smon67
Well, ordered this together with Phenom 955 (39930) & 4GB ddr3 Mushkin 16000+ (no longer stocked by Aria) just after christmas,
built up the new system end of Jan. Had no problems what so ever.
Great looking motherboard, very easy to set up, lots of options in the bios for either auto or manual tuning/overclocking.
Was a little concerned about compatability of SATA 6GB/s & USB3 before ordering, but just to let you know, they are fully backwards compatable.
Onboard video works ok for movies but suffers when gaming, so installed my old 8600gts, untill I get a gtx460 :).
Usual Asus quality item, solid build - would recommend this item.