500GB Samsung HD502HJ F3 3.5" SATA II Hard Drive
500GB Capacity, SATA-II Interface, 7200RPM Spin speed, 16MB Cache
Serial ATA Power Cable
Connect your new SATA drive to the conventional four pin plug. SATA uses a different power...
• MAX.500GB Formatted Capacity Per Disk
• Serial ATA II Interface Support
• Improved recording stability over temperature with PMR
• Advanced dynamic FOD control for best data integrity
• Intelligent compensation of external disturbance
• SATA Native Command Queuing Feature
• Device Initiated SATA Power Management
• Rotational vibration sensor
• Environment friendly product with RoHS compliance
• Improved performance with dual-ARM based firmware
• ATA S.M.A.R.T. Compliant
• ATA Automatic Acoustic Management Feature
• ATA 48-bit Address Feature
• ATA Device Configuration Overlay Feature
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Manufacturer Phone||0845 726 7864|
|Warranty Period (yrs)||3|
Comments, Questions & Reviews:
Cables by Ollie
Does this drive come with power and data cables, if so, how long? I am planning to use this drive in a home-made external enclousure. Thanks very much!
Hard drives never come with power cables since those are physically attached to the PSU. It almost certainly won't come with a SATA cable either, those are normally supplied with the motherboard, or bought separately.
RAID 5 by mellink
I've got the slighter older HD501LJ in my system and fancy abit of RAID 5 using my P5N-D motherbaord.
Can I use the old drive with 2 more of these? How close do they need to be matched is it just the size of the drive and a bottleneck will occur on the slowest drive?
Raid would only apply to the 2 new matched drives.
Comment by big al
is it possible to use this as an external drive
In a drive enclosure, or a docking device such as quick code 37256, yes. Not designed to be used 'on it's own' as an external drive, though.
Work with Dell Dimension 8400? by chrisw87
Would this work inside my ancient Dell Dimension 8400 as the stock HDD has finally died and I can't afford to buy a whole new system yet.
As long as it has SATa ports on it. It will be fine.
Raid 0 by Ben
Hi i want to buy 2 of these for my build,
If i set them up in Raid 0, do i have 500gb of space, or 1TB of space total?
1TB usable capacity from 2x500Gb drives in raid-0 (Raid-1 would give you a 500Gb array). Remember to back-up your data, if one drive in a raid-0 array fails you will lose all data on the array.