Fractal Design Node 804 Computer Case with Side Window
The Node 804 is a micro ATX chassis which focuses on cooling performance and maximum configurability, all packed in an interesting new form factor with Scandinavian elegant design.
Description:The dual chamber layout separates hot running components from the cooler ones and allows for unrestricted airflow over the motherboard, processor and graphics card.
The case comes with three excellent 120mm fans but can be upgraded with several additional fans if needed.
Featuring plenty of options for placing water cooling components, tall heat sinks and hard drives.
The flexibility of this case really gives the users the possibility to create their optimal system build.
Highly effective dual chamber case layout for best possible cooling.
Minimalistic design with an elegant brushed aluminum front panel
Unique hard drive mounting system, fitting up to 8 x 3.5″, 4 x 2.5” or up to 10 x 3.5”, 2 x 2.5″ drives HDD/SSD
Three Fractal Design Silent Series R2 fans included with the case and space for an additional 7 fans.
Excellent water cooling support with space for up to 4 radiators simultaneously.
All intakes feature removable dust filters providing a dust-free interior.
Featuring a window side panel to show off your set up in style.
Additional space in the front to mount a slim optical bay drive and 2 x 2.5″ drives.
Fan controller included.
Five expansion slots that allows for multiple GPU setups.
Micro ATX and Mini ITX motherboard compatibility
8 - 3.5″ HDD positions
2 - 2.5″ dedicated SSD unit positions
2 - Extra positions for either 3,5″ or 2,5″ drives
5 expansion slots
10 - Fan positions (3 x 120mm Silent Series R2 fans included)
Filtered fan slots in front, top and bottom
CPU coolers up to 160 mm in height
PSU compatibility: ATX PSUs up to 260 mm deep
Graphics card compatibility: Graphics cards up to 320mm in length. Graphics cards up to 290 mm in length may be installed if a fan is installed in the lower position in the front.
Velcro strap for easy cable management
Clear Window side panel included
Colors available: Black
Case dimensions (WxHxD): 344 x 307 x 389 mm
Net weight: 6 kg
Package dimensions (WxHxD): 370 x 468 x 412 mm
Package weight: 7.7kg
Front: 4 – 120mm fans (included is one hydraulic bearing 120mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
Rear: 1 - 120/140mm fan (included is a hydraulic bearing 120mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
Rear: 1 - 120mm fan slots (included is 1 hydraulic bearing 120mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
Top: 4 - 120x140mm fans (not included)
Fan controller: 1 - Integrated fan controller for up to 3 fans (included)
Water cooling compatibility
Front (right chamber) - 240 mm radiator configurations up to 60 mm thick (with fans) and 278 mm tall are allowed.
Front (left chamber) - 240 mm radiator configurations up to 60 mm thick (with fans) and 278 mm tall are allowed. Using a radiator in this position prevents the use of a fan in the top position just next to it.
Top (right chamber) - 240/280 mm radiators up to 130mm thick (with fans) may be fitted if the HDD drive bays are taken out or placed elsewhere. No limitation to thickness.
Top (left chamber) - 240 mm radiator configurations up to 130 mm thick (with fans) will fit. Radiators in this position limits the height of memory modules to 48 mm tall.
Maximum radiator configuration: 1x240mm,1x280mm and 2x120mm radiators simultaneously.
2 - USB 3.0
Power button with LED (blue)
HDD activity LED (white)
Node 804 computer case
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Warranty Period (yrs)||2|
|Hard Drive Bays||8|
|DVD Drive Bays||2|
|USB 2.0 Ports||0|
|USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Max. PSU Depth (mm)||260|
|Max. CPU Fan Height (mm)||160|
|Max. GPU Length (mm)||290|
|Maximum Amount of Fans||0|
|Number of Additional Fan positions||0|
Comments, Questions & Reviews:
It makes sense! Buy a Fractal Design Node 804 by Matt
* Although this may sound stupid I personally do believe that cases should provide clear installation guides, both for beginners as well as professionals that are new to the case and want the most affective way of managing cables.
* Very firm structure when panels are installed
* Very well designed compact solution that would sit nicely in both a bedroom or a study (unlike some gaming cases that look like an 80's school disco and take up the whole room).
* Extremely light consider the excellent build quality
* A+ for cable management, if you are fussy like me and don't mind taking your time, you can make your build look extremely tidy, thus allowing you to show off your components (which is why you purchased the window!).
* Some of the LED's look like they have been glued in by a 6 year old with a glue gun and are therefore likely to come out (this is easily by pushing them back in).
* Would have been nice to have some pre-installed PSU cables to connect the drive cages, otherwise multiple SATA power cables need to connected.
* Screws are not labelled in bags, this can result in wasted build time.