Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Midi Tower Soundproof Case
FD-CA-DEF-R4-BL, USB 3.0, 140mm Fans, Low Noise Mid Case. The Fractal Design Define R4 is the latest in the Define Series of computer cases offering minimalistic and stunning Scandinavian design fused with maximum sound reduction, configurability and functionality.
Bundle deal available on this product:
The Fractal Design Define R4 is the latest in the Define Series of computer cases offering minimalistic and stunning Scandinavian design fused with maximum sound reduction, configurability and functionality.
The Define R4 side and front door panels are fitted with dense, sound-absorbing material making it a benchmark for noise reduction. Moreover, the Define R4 accommodates up to 8 HDDs, all modern graphics card sizes, and multiple ventilation options - including two standard Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fans - to keep internal components at optimal temperatures.
For ultimate functionality, the Define R4 features a front interface with USB 3.0 and an integrated three-speed fan controller behind the front panel door.
- High density noise-reducing material for an optimal silent case - To achieve a high level of noise reduction, material with mass should be incorporated which is what we strive to achieve with the dense bitumen used on the side panels
- Patent pending ModuVent™ design allowing the user to choose between optimal silence or maximum airflow
- Top HDD cage (5 trays total) can be rotated 90 degrees or removed for additional airflow or to accommodate long graphic cards up to 430mm in length
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans
- Two Silent Series R2 fans included, featuring hydraulic bearings contributing to a longer life expectancy – Silent Series R2 retail fans will now come standard in all cases
- Wider case body that allows for improved cable routing behind the motherboard – now 26mm wide
- New tool-less front fan holder makes switching front fans a breeze
- Two SSDs can be mounted on the back of the motherboard plate
- ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX motherboard compatibility
- 7 + 1 expansion slots
- 2 - 5.25" bays
- 8 - 3.5" HDD trays - all compatible with SSDs, 2 - 2.5" extra SSD positions
- 3 - ModuVent™ plates - two in the top and one in the side
- 7 - fan positions (2 Silent Series R2 fans included)
- Filtered fan slots in the front and bottom
- CPU coolers up to 170mm tall (when no fan is installed in the side panel)
- ATX PSUs up to 170mm deep when using the bottom fan location, when not using this fan location longer PSUs (up to 270mm deep) can be used
- Graphics cards up to 295mm in length with the top HDD cage installed
- With the top cage removed, graphics cards up to 430mm in length may be installed
- 26mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate
- Thick rubber grommets on all holes on the motherboard plate
- Case dimensions (WxHxD): 232 x 464 x 523mm
- Net weight: 12,3 kg
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Warranty Period (yrs)||2|
|Hard Drive Bays||8|
|DVD Drive Bays||2|
|USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Max. PSU Depth (mm)||170|
|Max. CPU Fan Height (mm)||170|
|Max. GPU Length (mm)||295|
|Maximum Amount of Fans||7|
|Number of Additional Fan positions||5|
Comments, Questions & Reviews:
Question by jackg9890
What screws do I use when putting in a DVD drive
You should use the Hex screws for a DVD Drive.
motherboard by brandon
Hi will a EVGA X79 Dark motherboad fit in the case?
Yes, this case can take on ATX mATX and mITX motherboards
Case Fans by Sam
I see the 2 Silent Series R2 Fans are included, are all fan slots 140mm like the two included?
RM750w Corsair PSU by James
Will a Corsair RM 750w Modular PSU fit in this case?
Question by Craig
Is this compatible with the 850w Corsair RM Series 80Plus Modular Power Supply?
Yes these are compatible.