get the latest hot offers
3TB Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive - HDD
SATA 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache, 2 Year Warranty
Serial ATA Power & Data Connector
SATA data cable - SATA power connection - Quality black SATA connectors.
Please be aware some older Motherboards may not support more than 2TB HDDs. Please contact the manufacturer for more info. Alternatively, you can call our Sales Team to check your Motherboard compatibility.Combining state-of-the-art technology and industry-leading manufacturing expertise, the Seagate® Barracuda® 7200RPM drive—the generation of this award-winning desktop hard drive family—delivers 3 TB of high-performing, eco-friendly digital storage. Designed with industry-leading acoustics and low power levels.
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s.
- 7200rpm Rotation Speed.
- 64 MB cache.
- 3 TB Capacity.
- Designed with industry-leading acoustics and low power levels.
- Double your capacity and drive down costs with the industry’s first 1TB-per-disk hard drive technology.
- 3TB capacity with 7200-RPM performance. Why compromise?
- SATA 6Gb/s interface optimizes burst performance
- Seagate AcuTrac™ servo technology delivers dependable performance, even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers.
- Seagate OptiCache™ technology boosts overall performance by as much as 45% over the previous generation.
- Seagate SmartAlign™ technology provides a simple, transparent migration to Advanced Format 4K sectors.
- Free Seagate DiscWizard™ software allows you to install a 3TB hard drive in Windows, including XP, without UEFI BIOS.
|Warranty Type||Manufacturer via Aria|
|Manufacturer Phone||00 800 4732 4289|
|Warranty Period (yrs)||2|
Comments, Questions & Reviews:
Compoatability by Damon
Is this compatible with Asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard?
Yes it would be compatible, when you format the drive make sure you set it to GPT so you can make use of all 3TB's.
Really good by Goldenblacklee
Not too much to say about this it is a very good HDD and most of the problems with it are due to software not the actual HDD the HDD isnt too loud at all, the seagate partition software is terrible and does not even work it is not a isolated incident its very wide spread but i dont think seagate will be fixing it anytime soon. something to keep in mind when buying this is that windows only accepts HDD up to 2tb so if you get this make a 2tb and 1tb partition STRAIGHT AWAY it will save you a lot of hassle down the road. Overall a solid HDD but the software lets it down.147 of 312 people rated this review as helpful
WORKS by pyriul
good size hard drive at good price from aria. when installed was recognized as a 2tb and 700gb needed to convert to a gpt disk on a 64bit os else would of remained as two separate drives.
only 4 stars for reason above and i just got it still to stand the test of time.
Problem? by daviddunford
I bought this 3Tb drive last week and installed it in a Gigabyte X87 system. Despite flashing the UEFI BIOS to the latest version, both the BIOS and Windows 8.1 refuse to see it as more than 2Tb. Even the Seagate Disc Wizard utility says there is no unaddressed space on the drive, but Seatools for Windows can find no problems. I've tried raising a ticket on the Seagate website, but it won't recognise the serial number of the drive! I'll try again with the Seagate website, but do you have any advice?
It sounds like a faulty drive I would suggest requesting a return http://www.aria.co.uk/returns
Compatibility by Matt
Is this compatible with this: 50696