get the latest hot offers
500W Corsair Builder Series CX500M 80PLUS Bronze Modular Power Supply
CX Seriesâ„˘ Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades, offering high reliability, low noise, easy installation.
Compatible with the new Intel 4th Generation Haswell Processors.
0x 4-Pin CPU +12V Power (Motherboard power)
1x 8-Pin (4+4-Pin) CPU +12V Power (Motherboard power)
5x SATA Power (HDD/SSDs, Optical Drives)
4x 4-Pin Molex Power (Fans, old HDDs, Water-Cooling Pumps)
1x FDD Power (Old Floppy, Soundcards or other add-on expansion cards)
2x 6-Pin PCI-e Power (Graphics Cards)
CX Seriesâ„˘ Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades, offering high reliability, low noise, easy installation. The flexible modular cabling system lets you use only the cables you need, and 80 PLUS Bronze certified efficiency means less excess heat, lower noise, and lower power bills. The large-diameter, thermally controlled fan makes the CX Series Modular quieter at idle, and the large diameter reduces noise even when youâ€™re pushing your system hard. And, the matte black finish, black-sleeved cables and black connectors help give your system a restrained, high-tech look.
- Modular cabling system lets you use only the cables you need
- Built and tested to strict standards for trouble-free installation and smooth operation
- 80 PLUS Bronze certified efficiency for low noise and lower power bills
- Up to 85% energy efficiency means less heat generation and lower energy bills.
- 0.99 Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power.
- Universal AC input from 90-264V.
- A dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with the latest components.
- Over-voltage and over-power protection, under-voltage protection, and short circuit protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components.
- Extra long fully-sleeved cables support full tower chassis.
- It supports the latest ATX12V v2.3 standard and is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 systems.
- ErP Lot 6 Compliant
- A three year warranty and lifetime access to CorsairÂˇÂ¦s legendary technical support and customer service.
|Warranty Type||Direct with Manufacturer|
|Warranty Period (yrs)||3|
Comments, Questions & Reviews:
Question by sadiq
is this psu suitable for:
Asus H81-Gamer Intel H81 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive - HDD
8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Dual Channel Kit [BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU]
MSI NVIDIA GTX 750Ti PCI-E 2GB Gaming Graphics Card
Intel Core i5-4590 3.30GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor
LiteOn 24x Internal SATA DVD RW Drive [IHAS124-14]
Yes that all looks fine.
upgrade by Dave
I am looking to upgrade my 300w PSU so I can install a graphics card instead of using the onboard graphics.
my current system is
H57H-AM2 (v2.0) Motherbroad with Intel Core i3 Processor 550
16GB Ram DDR 3 Ram
and a spare 1 x PCI Express x16 (2.0) to intall a graphics card
Is the 500W Corsair Builder Series CX500M 80PLUS Bronze Modular Power Supply ok for my system and could you suggest a suitable graphics card
That looks fine, depending on your budget and what games you are playing a 750Ti would be suitable.
compatibility by lukas
Hi would this be ok running an a10 6700 and radeon 6870 with corsair vengeance 1600 8gb
I would suggest a higher wattage power supply for CrossFire.
is this enough power by John
hi i was just wondering whether this psu has enough power to power my build
nvidia geforce gtx 760 (nvidia stock one)
corsair vengance 8gb 1600mhz ram
msi z87-643 gaming motherboard
2tb seagate baeeacuda 7200rpm hdd
Yes that looks fine.
Help? by Luke
I need some help deciding whether or not to go for this PSU (500W) or get a higher Wattage PSU. im using a:
Asus GeForce GTX 760 DirectCUII OC 2048MB GDDR5
AMD (Piledriver) FX-6300 3.50GHz
500W will be fine.