get the latest hot offers
500W Corsair Builder Series CX500M 80PLUS Bronze Modular Power Supply
CX Seriesâ„˘ Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades, offering high reliability, low noise, easy installation.
Compatible with the new Intel 4th Generation Haswell Processors.
0x 4-Pin CPU +12V Power (Motherboard power)
1x 8-Pin (4+4-Pin) CPU +12V Power (Motherboard power)
5x SATA Power (HDD/SSDs, Optical Drives)
4x 4-Pin Molex Power (Fans, old HDDs, Water-Cooling Pumps)
1x FDD Power (Old Floppy, Soundcards or other add-on expansion cards)
2x 6-Pin PCI-e Power (Graphics Cards)
CX Seriesâ„˘ Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades, offering high reliability, low noise, easy installation. The flexible modular cabling system lets you use only the cables you need, and 80 PLUS Bronze certified efficiency means less excess heat, lower noise, and lower power bills. The large-diameter, thermally controlled fan makes the CX Series Modular quieter at idle, and the large diameter reduces noise even when youâ€™re pushing your system hard. And, the matte black finish, black-sleeved cables and black connectors help give your system a restrained, high-tech look.
- Modular cabling system lets you use only the cables you need
- Built and tested to strict standards for trouble-free installation and smooth operation
- 80 PLUS Bronze certified efficiency for low noise and lower power bills
- Up to 85% energy efficiency means less heat generation and lower energy bills.
- 0.99 Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power.
- Universal AC input from 90-264V.
- A dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with the latest components.
- Over-voltage and over-power protection, under-voltage protection, and short circuit protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components.
- Extra long fully-sleeved cables support full tower chassis.
- It supports the latest ATX12V v2.3 standard and is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 systems.
- ErP Lot 6 Compliant
- A three year warranty and lifetime access to CorsairÂˇÂ¦s legendary technical support and customer service.
|Warranty Type||Direct with Manufacturer|
|Warranty Period (yrs)||3|
The first year of warranty is with Aria.
The remaining 2 years are direct with the Manufacturer.
Comments, Questions & Reviews:
Compatibility Question by Dweir01
Is this PSU compatible with the following:
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX Motherboard
Powercolour Radeon R9 270X Video Card?
I would recommend upgrading to at least a 650w
This should be fine for those components.
Ooops - messed up the last description by anothermouse
The connectors for PCI are 6+2pin, rather than plain 6 Pin.
You get 2 of these 6+2pin connectors on a single cable, however, the PSU does have sockets for 2 of these cables if you get one from a different cable set, and use the other connector, rather than using one of the other modular connectors
PSU by taytaymcardle
does this PSU work with
AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 @ 3.3Ghz (Six Core)
PATRIOT VIPER RED V3 8GB 1600Mhz
1TB SATA3, 6Gb/s
SONY 24X DVD+/-RW
Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X WindForce 3X OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-e Graphics Card
Yes this is compatible.
Power Capabilities by Jethro Mason
I own a CX430M and it runs my i5 3.30Ghz Processor, 8gb of RAM, a 2TB hard drive and a Radeon 6670 Card with no issues.
However I am about to upgrade to a Radeon 7850 and I was wondering whether I will need to upgrade from my current CX430M to this CX500M due to power capabilities?
I would recommend upgrading this this PSU if you upgrade your graphics card.
PSU inquiry by PSU inquiry
Would this power supply strong enough to run the ff?
AMD (Piledriver) FX-6300 3.50GHz (4.10GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 6-Core Processor - Retail
MSI 970A-G43 AMD 970A (Socket AM3+) DDR3 PCI-Express ATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB)
1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive
XFX Core Edition Radeon HD 7750 2GB GDDR3 Graphics Card [FX-775A-CGF4]
Yes this is compatible.